Thursday, March 12, 2009

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY TALIS-RAIN!!!

Wow...8 years old! Where does the time go???

For the last week Talis-Rain asked me that I only call him "Birthday Boy"....and if I slipped up he would remind me that he is "Birthday Boy"...

We had a little party for him...they couldn't wait to have it...but I managed to get them to at least get dressed and brush their teeth before we started with the party! LOL

His cake, like Asia-Faith's was a couple of donuts that I stacked and added a candle to (the candle in a shape of a ? ... at least I can reuse it for each birthday!)...I actually think this is going to become our traditional birthday cake...except I will have to make another plan for Willow-River, as he does not like donuts, or cake....I remember one birthday I made him a "worm cake"...It was actually a french loaf filled with ham and salad....he loved it! (Although this time it will be a vegetarian worm!) LOL.

Talis-Rain loved his gifts...they spent the entire day playing with his hotwheels...making the track different shapes, then having the track elevated, then seeing how many cars they could get on the track at once...then they had turns choosing a car and guessing whose car would go around the most before it stopped...then they got out the bigger car track too...and the train track....then of course the donut (from the donut cake) became a steering wheel for Talis-Rain...then I showed them how to make bunny teeth with the marshmellows - of course we had the Jonas Brothers rocking in the background too (yep we are BIG JB fans in this house!)...I think our neighbour was very entertained!

~* Peace and Love *~



Chinese Calligraphy

The ? candle and our new traditional birthday cake;)
Yo dawg...
Let's get this party started...
everything is a steering wheel for a boy...

this kept Keanu-Storm entertained all day
My kids are so full of joy!
"Drumming" to one of JB's songs...
Bunny teeth...

2 comments:

Addison's adoption: said...

Hello, I am so excited to find your blog. We are The Andersons for Ohio, USA and are in the process of doing a independent adoption. Deana Pan led us to a web-site of mothers wanting to adopt there babies out and we have found a mother that agreed for us to adopt her baby that is DUE IN TWO WEEKS OE LESS. Can you tell we are a little nervous. We are in a desparate to look for a foster family. I noticed that you were living in Hsinchu. The birth mother is for Xinzhu, this is the same place different name, am I right? I am in hope that maybe you could put us in contact with someone that might foster for us until paperwork goes through courts. Thanks so much, Vickie

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Talis-Rain! It's great to be eight... my daughter Nika just turned nine and she says that 8 is her favorite. Love the bunny teeth and you and my son Kole will have to rock out to JB sometime.

Funny about the cake... Nika does brownies and I do Strawberry Pie. ha ha

Anyways, Happy Brithday again... and have a great 8th year!