Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We are celebrating!...and catching you up on what's been going on with our Tribe...

Today we are celebrating Asia-Faith being in our family for 2 years!

2 years ago today, we boarded a train, headed for Taitung to go and meet our precious little girl for the first time...

It is amazing to watch her grow and become the little person she is...although we have come to realise that she has quite a tiger in her tank...Even the boys have commented that she is going to be a toughie when she gets older - no-one will want to mess with her! And she is quite the performance artist too....I think those little performances may get her an Oscar or 2 one day.

Then she has her gentile, loving side, where she wants to hug everyone, and calls her brothers "my boys"...and herself "mommy's baby, and daddy's baby"... she is such a sweet little girl...and I am so blessed to be her mommy.

Lately she has been talking a lot about where she was born and knows she was born in Taiwan, and her boys were born in South Africa, that the boys grew in my belly, and she grew in her birthmom's belly...She loves to look at the album I made for her with photo's of our forever family day, and listen to me telling the story about the day we brought her home...

Often these talks will lead to her talking about our little foster baby Doodlebug her friends Jade and Ben and their new little brother Daniel, all of whom she knows have also been adopted...I have a feeling there will be plenty more questions and little talks in time to come...

Enjoy the pics of our little fairy~princes....

Meeting our little angel....2 years ago


Our train ride home...full of smiles and laughter
Out little angel...today, 2 years later


trying out the red marker on her lips....

Trying out her new rollerblades...
Daddy and his princess...

On another note....we had an emergency trip to the hospital last weekend....the boys were playing with their friends at the park, when Keanu-Storm ran home and told me that Willow-River had a hole in his leg...so I quickly got on my bicycle (I was in a long skirt which didn't make it any easier...)...anyway, I get to the park and see Riza the friends nanny tending to the wound...so I walk on over thinking it can't be too bad...take one look and put my face in my hands and (I don't remember this part)...but...apparently I screamed...then I told them to hang on I was going to get Jason! I cycled home and met J along the way...screamed at him to get the car - we need to go to the hospital...cos all I remember seeing was Willow-River's bone! In the meantime I got the kids that were at home and the health insurance cards and ran to the entrance to meet J....the whole way to the hospital, Talis-Rain and Keanu-Storm were discussing whether Willow-River would have his leg cut off (boys!)...and all Willow-River kept asking was how were they going to close this hole in his leg...me...well...I had my head out the window and was puking my guts out!

So we get to the hospital and they send him for x-rays to make sure there was no bone damage...it was when they returned that I was told by J, that according to Willow-River, I hadn't been much help at the park since all I did was take one look at his leg and start to scream...sorry boy.....anyway, he forgave me and thought it was rather funny! The doctor gave him 6 stitches and we were soon on our way home...what a way to end a weekend! He had the stitches out last night, and it has healed pretty well.

Jason has started a new teaching job...he is now with the government program and is loving it (it has only been a few days), but what I love about it most is that he is home to share zoo time with me and eat dinner with us every evening now....at his previous schools he was only getting home between 7:30 and 8pm, now he is home by 5pm!

Jason has been getting rather crafty lately...he has been making these beautiful suncatchers from recycled cd's and other materials....and has also been making mobiles with wire, glass marbles, stones and bamboo...Kitty especially loves the suncatchers when they catch the sunlight and dance around the room...she can "chase" the sunlight forever...

The boys are doing really well...they are VERY into the Jonas brothers at the moment...took these pics of them the other morning.....mmmm....I see the Tonkin brothers in the making...

Keanu-Storm is on guitar....

The other night Willow-River skyped papa and ended up watching the rugby game with papa...the game was being shown in SA on tv, and papa had his laptop with skype on so Willow-River could watch the game...he was so excited!

Just some random pics...

We were waiting for our pizza....

Where we get our pizza and chips...yummmy...
Boys and their boat...Pirates of the Caribbean...
Willow-River making a gun...
The finished product...complete with a loading mechanism!
another gun creation...


~* Peace and Love *~

No comments: